Taiwan Green Island Global Diving Photography CompetitionLevy summary
(Revised version Aug. 31st)
(Revised version Aug. 31st)
1, Event purpose：
There is an excellent marine ecology system in Green Island, a world-class color of water and it is the best diving site in Taiwan. The East Coast National Scenic Area Administration, Tourism Bureau (East management office for short) hold the competition to let more people know Green Island’s world-class diving environment and the surrounding of beautiful oceans, and raise people consciousness of caring and protecting the ocean.
2, Host unit：
Guiding unit: Tourism Bureau
Host unit: East Coast National Scenic Area Administration, Tourism Bureau
Execution unit: Jyu Tuo Technology Corporation Limited
3, Registration way：
(1) Entry fee: None.
(2) Competition Time: From Sep. 30th 2017 to Sep. 2th 2018
(3) Competition category: Wide-Angle Lens and Macro Lens.
(4) Camera settings: 2020 year.
(5) Methods of submitting competition works
《1》 Participants should decide competition works and groups before the deadline on Sep. 2th 2018 23:29:59, and then mail to email@example.com, no works will be accepted after deadline. (The competition works once mail to the conference, the participants will not have right to modify their works.)
《2》After selection, the final selected works will be notified within 3 days, so they should submit a Raw file, such as the card machine, please submit the original JPEG file (please remember to reserve the original file backup) and the stub of traffic ticket to Green Island (such as boat or air plane ticket), then scan and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last but not least, you will be canceled entry qualification after deadline.
4, Competition time：
During the period from September 30, 2017 to Sep. 2th, 2018, please arrange underwater filming on your own.
5, Competition area:
There are many diving areas in Green Island, such as Hsianggutuo, Dianxinagan Reef, Six meters Reef, Jizai Reef, Gangtie Reef (Yanyu District), Jiaotang, Baisha Reef, Chaiping, Shenchuan, Gunshuiping, Bingyu Reef, Youzihu , Cathedral, DaJiaotang, Sankuaishi, Luomenyen, Haishulin, Yixiantian, Haigou, Xiaochoudou, Daxiagou, Gongguanbihuo Reef, Shandong, Landon and Jufu Layer.
6, Entries requirements:
(1) It is recommended to use the sRGB color space.
(2) Individual single category, Five of each group, upload competition works only in JPEG/JPG format (files must contain EXIF information).
(3) Competition works must be filmed underwater and are acceptable the works filmed in half of the water surface.
(4) Competition works can adjust the color temperature, brightness, contrast, slight to remove noise, sharpening, saturation adjustment and so on. Crop image shall not exceed 20% of the original file. And the works cannot use multiple exposures, HDR, image synthesis, folding, copy, cut and paste. Black and white works are acceptable.
(5) The competition works should output to the edge 1500 Pixels and the maximum is not more than 2Mb. Watermarks and additional marks are not allowable, or will be disqualified.
(6) The filming and the filming process shall not infringe on marine animals, once found that photos may infringe on marine animals, the participant may be disqualified.
(7) Shooting subjects must be live in a natural environment around Green Island rather than artificial feedings or aquarium creatures.
(8) Finalists should provide the original RAW file (the card machine can accept the original JPG file) and the high-resolution JPG. If the RAW or original JPG file is not submitted within the notification period, finalists will be disqualified.
(9) The organizer is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury in any condition occurring to any participant in the competition.
(10) Once participants submit the competition works indicating that they accept these terms and conditions.
7, Rules of Election
Professional underwater photographers will be judges. Nominated photos will be posted on Facebook fans page letting net users vote by pressing like, which will comprise 10% of the total score. The jury’s score comprises 90% of the total score.
8, Information and winning announcement.
(1) The relevant registration and the winning information will be announced on the campaign website, the official website (https://www.eastcoast-nsa.gov.tw)of East management office, and Facebook fans page [Nga'ayho] Hello, East Coast.
(2) The winner list will be announced on September 30, 2018 on the campaign website and the official website of East management office.
9, Competition awards: Both wide angle group and macro group have one first prize, one second prize, one third prize, ten winning awards and twenty excellent works respectively. The rewards are as following and the total prize bonus is about USD$30000(NTD 900 thousand dollars)
(1) One first prize USD 2000
(2) One second prize USD 1000
(3) One third prize USD 800
(4) Ten winning awards USD 500
(5) Twenty excellent works USD 300
(1) Participants are required to sign up by the real name and contact (not use stage name or abbreviation), and fill the competition group in detail, which are convenient for further contact.
(2) The host unit reserves the right to cancel any competition work which violates the rules. And improper act, violate the principles of fairness and the spirit of competition works will be disqualified, so final score is based on the jury score.
(3) Participants must ensure the works are filmed underwater freely during the period from September 30, 2017 to August 31, 2018 (the works should be original) and ensure no infringement of any third person, intellectual property of legal person and other rights. If participants do illegal matters that not comply with the competition rules, they should be responsible for their act, which have nothing to do with the organizers. If the work provoke dispute, the organizer has right to cancel the qualification and if the work has been selected as the competition winner, the organizer will cancel the award and recover the bonus, the position will fill vacancies in the proper order.
(4) In case there is any irresistible factors, the organizer reserves the right to replace with other equivalents prizes, and the derivative tax or other expenses shall be undertaken by the winners.
(5) The property right of winning works belong to East management office and participants should promise not to use the moral right to East management office. East management office can reproduce, display works and use them all times, frequencies and ways. Above all, the East management office will not notify and pay.
(6) The winner who gives up the award after the announcement of the finalists, the organizer will notify another substitution and announce.
(7) If the host unit has any damage from the third party for his or her criminal proceedings or claims any legal rights due to the use of participants’competition works, the participant should shoulder compensation for the organizers.
(8) If participants spread false statements in the campaign website or official Facebook fan pages of the East management office, the organizers have the right to delete without the participants’ agree.
(9) The prize winner pays individual income tax according to the regulations of the Ministry of Finance, R.O.C (The prize winner, including an individual residing in the Republic of China, the people from mainland China having a fixed business location for profitable enterprise in the Republic of China, residing in Taiwan during taxable year, or having stayed in Taiwan for 183 days, and the juridical person, organization, or other institution of mainland China having a fixed business location, should be withheld 10% of the payment; if the prize winner is not an individual residing in the Republic of China, not the people of mainland China having a fixed place of business for profitable enterprise in the Republic of China, residing in Taiwan during taxable year, or having stayed in Taiwan for 183 days, and not the juridical person, organization, or other institution of mainland China having a fixed place for business, 20% of the payment shall be withheld.) and the remittance difference shall be deducted from the payment.